Monday, April 13, 2009

The Metropolitan Police: An apology

IT HAS come to my attention that Mr Ian Tomlinson, the citizen described as an “innocent bystander” in a previous post on this message board, was actually nothing of the sort.

According to the forces of law and order, and their willing servants in the national press, he was in fact a shiftless alcoholic who had been living apart from his “loving” family for the past nine years. He was homeless, eking out an existence in sheltered housing and shop doorways, regularly took drugs, was obviously a paedophile and probably a terrorist.

He therefore obviously deserved to die. Keep calm and carry on.

EDIT: And meanwhile this big bastard needs sorting out (3.10 onwards).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V23PGWd46MM&feature=channel_page

5 Comments:

Blogger pdwalker said...

Well, deserved to die is a little harsh, but a good beating from behind with a baton against the back was certainly called for.

It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy knowing justice was served.

8:05 PM  
Anonymous eastender said...

I understand that the polis in question has taken to his bed ill. Has he been stricked with a serious attack of conscience or is it that if he stays off long enough the story will have been fully concocted by his mates and he can walk free with a clear record.

Time enough to wipe the CCTV, smear Mr Tomlinson some more, crank up the apologists and let the trail go cold.

5:39 AM  
Blogger Snappy said...

Disagree that the second incident with the woman protester is similar to the shocking treatment of Mr Tomlinson.
She was deliberately goading the Plod and calling him some choice names into the bargain. If I'd been abused like that, I can't promise she wouldn't have got more than a gentle backhander and then a love tap across the legs with an asp.

5:30 AM  
Blogger pdwalker said...

"Sticks and stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me"

My mother taught me that when I was very young. It's true.

Sorry Snappy, I cannot agree with you. That policeman was clearly out of line. If he has such poor impulse control, he should not be in such a position of power.

Had she struck him first, I'd see it differently.

7:51 AM  
Anonymous stuffing envelopes from home said...

Nothing to see here!

6:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home